Florence is one of the most popular destinations in Italy for planning a wedding abroad.
It’s not a surprise that many couples choose the capital of Tuscany to organize their wedding. Florence has always been one of the most loved and well-remembered destinations by tourists from all around the world who have spent here a few days off or a period of study. The beauty of the Duomo, the cobblestone streets of the old town, the romantic sunsets of Piazzale Michelangelo and the Arno are just some of the attractions that the town offers to its visitors.
If getting married here is your dream, Florence provides everything you need to plan and customise your Italian wedding. Would you like to exchange vows and rings outdoor on a terrace with a view at sunset? Would you love to arrange a garden reception in the heart of the old town, a few steps from the Uffizi Gallery and its wonders? In Florence, you can.
Also, Florence is the starting point for a dreamy honeymoon in the most popular destinations of Italy: the Amalfi Coast, the Lakes and Venice are reachable in a few hours. Moreover, Florence is located in the heart of Tuscany, a few steps from the rolling hills and the historical towns of San Gimignano and Siena.
Please see below the best venues for destination weddings in Florence. All the places listed provides a backup plan in case of bad weather. Enjoy!
The best 7 Florence Wedding Venues
Castello di Vincigliata
Castello di Vincigliata is undoubtedly the most popular venue for weddings in Florence. The castle is located on the hills of Fiesole, a stone throw from the city centre. The view of Florence from the terrace will leave your guests breathless!
Here you can:
- Organize the ceremony in the garden with a view;
- Arrange an alfresco reception in the inner courtyard;
- Take advantage of the legendary scenario for the wedding photos, or go to the near vineyards and olive groves for portraits at sunset;
- The incredible atmosphere at night, with dozens of torches that lighten the various sections of the castle.
For the wedding reception, you can hire a local (not in-house) caterer. The castle can accommodate up to 300 guests. Due to its popularity, better if you book as soon as possible, at least a year in advance.
See here a Real Wedding we shot at the Castle.
Villa di Maiano
Not far from Castello di Vincigliata, Villa di Maiano is located on the hillside overlooking Florence.
In Villa di Maiano you can:
- Organize the ceremony in the Italian garden or under the branches of an old big oak.
- Arrange the reception on the terrace with a view;
- Have a Catholic ceremony in the magnificent church of San Martino a Maiano, nearby the Villa;
- Take legendary wedding pictures at sunset in the garden;
- Organize the first dance and the party indoor in a big old room with an antique chandelier.
Any caterer of Florence is welcome. The villa can accommodate more than 200 guests.
Villa Cora is a lovely villa located in the centre of Florence. It’s a fantastic 5-star hotel, perfect for elopements and intimate celebrations, as well as bigger weddings.
Here you can:
- Arrange the ceremony in the Sfingi garden;
- Take advantage of the many lovely halls of the villa for the wedding reception;
- Be portrayed in the most beautiful spots outdoors, or indoor among centenarian frescoes and decorations from the Baroque age;
- Spend the nights in the fabulous rooms.
The hotel also provides a poolside restaurant with renowned cuisine, and the caterer is in-house.
Please see here a Real Wedding we shoot at Villa Cora.
Villa la Vedetta
Villa La Vedetta is a five stars hotel next to Piazzale Michelangelo. The villa is not very big, but it provides excellent features to arrange any event.
Here, in fact, you can:
- Organise both the ceremony and the cocktail hour on the lawn in the shade. This is a great benefit, especially in the hot summer days;
- Arrange the dinner on the terrace, with a stunning view of the cathedral;
- Take wedding photos in the most panoramic spots of Florence, 5 minutes far from the villa; a few more on the rooftop terrace at sunset.
- Spend the nights in luxurious rooms with the best facilities.
Alina, the manager, is friendly and super helpful; she might provide the best local vendors for any need.
Please see here a Real Wedding we shot at Villa La Vedetta.
Villa Le Fontanelle
Villa Le Fontanelle is located in north Florence, not far from the centre, in a fabulous spot with a view. The villa provides a few but charming rooms for the stay of newlyweds and their guests.
Villa Le Fontanelle is impressive, thanks to its massive tower with a view, a large park and a lovely pool. Here you can:
- Organise a symbolic ceremony in the garden or a religious celebration in the pretty church of the property;
- Spend the cocktail hour in the shade of secular trees;
- Enjoy the dinner under a canopy covered by wisteria tree (with a great view also);
- Get ready together with the bridesmaids in one of the pretty provencal-style rooms – with a lovely view of the garden.
Villa Le Fontanelle is not huge, so ladies will be glad not having to walk too much on your wedding day.
Please see a real wedding we shot there.
Four Seasons Hotel
The Four Seasons of Florence is located in the centre, a few steps from the Duomo and the Uffizi Gallery. It’s an old villa with a great park, perfectly renewed by the property that turned it into the most luxurious hotel of Tuscany. It perfect for any event, from elopements to weddings up to 500 guests.
Here you can:
- Organise an intimate ceremony in the tiny lovely chapel, surrounded by frescoes;
- Arrange the ceremony and the reception in the secular garden, the biggest one of the centre;
- Enjoy the dinner at the Conventino, an ancient church inside the property turned into a great hall;
- Take advantage of the best spots of the town for the wedding photos.
The hotel features an awarded restaurant and the possibility of staying in the suites. The caterer is in-house, and it’s one of the best in Italy.
St. Regis Hotel
The St. Regis Hotel is located on the banks of the river in the centre of Florence, just a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. It’s a luxury hotel, ideal for large and small receptions but also for romantic elopements.
Here you can:
- Organize the Catholic celebration in the neighbouring church of Ognissanti;
- Have a civil ceremony in Palazzo Vecchio;
- Enjoy a welcome cocktail in impressive halls adorned with beautiful antique chandeliers
- Enjoy the meal in La Sala Degli Artisti, among centuries-old frescoes
- Stay overnight at the hotel
Your favourite Florence Wedding Venue
These are only a few of the many Florence Wedding Venues. If you have been in a lovely villa or castle in Florence, send us an email with your best recommendations. We would be happy to feature them here!!